What are the benefits of working with a PR team to promote your business?
Before I go into that part. What is “PR”? I won’t lie I wasn’t really sure! Lol! 🙂
“PR (Public relations) is the practice of managing the spread of information between an individual or an organisation and the public”
In my meeting with Evadney Campbell MBE, it was a real eye-opener to understand how PR works. As the CEO of Shiloh PR Agency, Evadney has extensive experience of working in the PR and music industries in addition to TV, online and radio roles for the BBC and commercial broadcast outlets, the Shiloh PR team specialises in public relations, media training and event publicity.
I now understand, from my time spent with her, how invaluable could be to either start-up or growing business. It’s not as expensive as you think, but more importantly there are some things you need to know before engaging with a PR firm.
1) You must establish what connections they have in the media world – there is no point calling yourself a PR company if you are not very well connected!
2) You must give them time to “spin” your story – do not expect them to effectively promote you or your event with a month’s notice. To do a good job they need about 3 months.
3) Tell them your story and life experience’s – using this information they can make you relevant to current affairs and trends and relate them to both you and your business
4) This is not a free service! – Have a budget for it and they will let you know what they can do for your money.
5) PR is NOT the same as Marketing – the role of marketing is place an advert, the role of PR is promote who you and/or your business in the public arena.
Check out her website and get media savvy! Why? Because…