5 ways to stay motivated in business!
Struggling to stay motivated in business? It can be hard to keep things moving both naturally and emotionally when you are responsible for running your own business. Even when you successfully deal with your distractions (see previous post!) there can be that sense of fatigue which clouds your mood and saps your energy. What you need is a little motivation!
What is the dictionary definition of the word “Motivation”?:
“Motivation is defined as the process that initiates, guides, and maintains goal-oriented behaviors”
Motivation is a powerful force that can impact us both internally and externally. Sometimes our motivation is high and sometimes it is low. Sorry folks that is what being human is about! However motivation can be used in many positive ways, especially if it comes from within!
Here are 5 tips that may just come in useful to help you stay motivated:
- Evaluate your thinking – I know it can be really challenging at times however, this is the only way to find motivation in the first place. When you find yourself thinking negative thoughts, just stop, take a breath then turn your focus and attention elsewhere. Try and get some quick wins (e.g. writing a blog or send out a newsletter) which will help give you a greater sense of accomplishment and keep you motivated!
- Use self-confidence boosters- this is not just thinking positive about your world and the people in it. You to be thinking positive about you! Tell yourself how amazing and incredibly brave you are to step out of the rat-race! If you start entertaining thoughts about being incapable you will certainly feel like that and will reduce your enthusiasm at a rapid pace! Spend time with people who believe in you and can help you stay in the saddle and remain motivated!
- Count your successes (or your blessings!)- Remember the good times you have had in business. What are your strengths and positive attributes? When have you had good outcomes in the past, how did they come to fruition? What I am saying is you did it before, rest assured you can do it again and you will feel motivated!
- Tomorrow is another day- You may not want be where you are at this very moment but what resources do you have that could be used to push you towards your goals? Take a moment to reflect on all the good things you’ve achieved in the past. Why should now be any different? If have achieved before, you can do it again!
- Give yourself a break (or get off your own back!) – You are a human being not a human “doing”! If you need time out to refresh yourself then do so without feeling guilty or reservation. Do something non-work related and come back to your tasks refreshed with some motivation.
Just to let you into a little secret…we all feel like giving up sometimes. However, don’t give up, if you persevere, stay the course and stay motivated you will get through. Why? Because….