5 Reasons why networking can be fun in business!
On almost a weekly basis, I meet some wonderful business individuals who in turn become my contacts. When I think about it I have met some excellent people, all as a result of networking.
Many of these people are hardworking individuals who started at grass-roots level then proceeded to build their companies and are still actively building them!
Here are some questions to ask yourself when networking:
- Who are the key individuals I need to connect with to be outrageously successful?
- Which groups, people or companies could be most helpful to my business growth?
- Who can help me to grow as an individual, as well as an entrepreneur?
- How can I connect with them?
- What can I offer them in terms of service?
Here are 5 reasons networking can be fun and how you can make it so:
- Be selective with your efforts- go to an event because you want to not because you feel you have to!
- Create quality connections– make appointments for follow-up meetings on the spot!
- Help others to be successful and it will help you- look for opportunities to synergise
- Don’t just build your network, keep it up-to-date- don’t just collect business cards and put them in your draw!
- Meeting others helps you to think outside of the box- reflect on what you learned from others
You may be thinking “I don’t have time to network!” or “They are a waste of my time!” However, it could be the mindset you are attending with…(just a thought!)
Well, if you do make a decision to go to an event, you should have a fun time with networking for your business. Why? Because…
Life’s too short!